Valentines Day 2017

2/15/2017


Valentines Day. It's safe to say I'm not a huge fan of the day. Not because I don't like the idea of showing someone you love them and appreciate them, but shouldn't that be without question everyday? and in a way that's not with giving gifts and extravagant presents but with all the little human things, like talking, listening, laughing, just being there for someone and knowing that that person is there for you. (However Dale did kindly bring home some flowers for me... who can say no to pretty flowers?)


Anyway. Moving on! Even though that's the way I feel about it, I decided this year to embrace the love and the red themes, by going for cute valentines outfit and a winged eyeliner make up look.



I picked up this red jumper from Stradivarius when I was in Dublin, it was about 30 Euros so I suspect it will be around the £25 mark. It's a really nice ruby red colour with embroidered lettering and cartoons on the front, being very 'love' and 'romance' related. The jumper is a slightly cropped and has boxy/oversized fit. I wore a New Look black Roll Neck top underneath for extra warmth (as it was a cold wintery day!) but I actually think having the roll neck showing through makes the look more interesting.



 I tucked it into my Primark 'MOM' Jeans. I only got these a couple of days ago for £13 which I'm 100% in love with and amazed that I managed to find these. They fit amazingly! They're high waisted and fitted around the bum, but then they have a looser/straight leg that runs to just below the ankle.
Here I rolled them up just so the black boots are emphasized a bit more. I love love love these jeans and will be buying the other pair that's in a darker blue wash!


I had a morning class at Uni that day, so I was up early and like I said it was a cold day so I wore my Miss Selfridge navy Coat which kept me nice and warm and my trusty grey Primark scarf.

 (China Town - Manchester)
(W Café - Waterstones Arndale)
(W Café - Waterstones Arndale)

I ended up having a really nice day, I went to one of my favourite cafés which is in Waterstones in the Arndale. It's a great place to have a quiet cup of tea and do some reading or Uni work! Then I headed home and had nice home cooked meal with Dale whilst we watched the new Walking Dead episode...

Nothing says love like blood, guts and zombies!

Speak to you soon!

Jess

x






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe