What I Ate In Dublin - As Plant Based/Vegan!

2/09/2017


Day 1

So I started the day at home with a bowl of cinnamon porridge with strawberries, blueberries and a chopped brazil nut on top. This is my go-to breakfast, it keeps me full till lunch and was perfect for a day of travelling!


It was around Lunch time when we had to be at the airport so I picked myself up a Boots Meal Deal.  I have to say Boots were pretty good for vegan options, and this rainbow salad caught my eye with all its pretty colours, so I had to try it!




We got to Dublin around 5.30pm and checked into our hotel. We stayed at The Gibson Hotel, which we've stayed at once before and fell in love with it. After we unpacked we decided to head out for some food. We went to good old Nando's, its a great restaurant if out with people that aren't vegan and you don't want to be that awkward person that has to order something specially made. I ordered the Veggie Pitta with no mayo and a side salad, it was delicious! I didn't manage to grab a photo but here's a photo of what I usually get from Nando's.



Day 2

Breakfast at The Gibson Hotel was great. Everything was clearly labelled with allergens so it made it very easy for me to know what I could and couldn't have. I ended up having two bowls of Weetabix and soy milk, topped with fresh and dried fruit, pumpkin seeds and strawberry jam.


At lunch time I was still pretty full from breakfast so I picked up a sweet and crunchy salad and carrots with houmous from Marks and Spencer and I also had a banana and a green apple from the hotel. Didn't get a photo because to be honest it wasn't worthy of a photo! Ha!

After a full day of exploring we went to Wagamama's for tea. This was the first time going there since I went Plant Based/Vegan. I used to get the chicken ramen so I was really happy to find out that they could make the ramen vegan! It came with tofu, mushrooms and rice noodles and Oh My Gosh it was heavenly. Definitely worthy of a photo. It was also HUGE, and honestly kept my feeling full (but the good kind of full, I didn't feel sick or stodgy) till the next day!




Day 3

So considering I was still pretty stuffed from the ramen from the night before, I only had one bowl of cereal and a banana for breakfast and a green tea. It was the same as the day before and tasted just as good!


We checked out of the hotel around 12pm, but unfortunately on this day the weather was shocking! It was gale force winds and the rain was coming down on us. So after a bit of wondering in and out of museums/galleries/shops and looking rather windswept we headed to a Café Nero (one of my favourite chain cafes) and I got a green tea and tucked in to some fruit I got from the hotel.




It was soon time to head to the airport for our flight, we sat in a bar/restaurant and Dale ordered food from there whilst I went a grabbed a takeaway salad from this amazing healthy food shop called Chopped. I ordered a salad with mixed lettuce leaves, tomatoes, chickpeas, sweetcorn and quinoa with a squeeze of lemon. Again it was the size of my head and I had to stop halfway through eating it and have a break. at this point we were both really tired and we were nearly falling asleep on each other!


For the plane I picked up an Apple bag and Trek Cacao Chaos bar and happily had that whilst I was having an emotional breakdown from the book I was reading, 'The Nightingale' by Kristin Hannah. I managed to finish the book on the plane but wow I was emotional!

And that's what I ate on our weekend away in Dublin! Hope this helps some people and shows you that being Plant based/Vegan is NOT restricting whatsoever and more and more restaurants are catering for vegans now!

Speak to you soon!

Jess

x




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe